Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monday 13th Dec 2010 – New Zealand.

And so back to the blog she goes…. yes that right I have up sticks and left my beloved Byron to head for majestic shores of New Zealand, and so time to write again I thought.

Why? because my Australian visa was about to expire and seeing as how I haven’t managed to marry my way in yet, I was border line being booted out.

You currently find me curled up in a make shift shack cobbled together from my backpack, hold all and suitcase, on the floor at Christchurch airport waiting the lengthy 7 hours for my connecting flight to Nelson.

I am rapidly ploughing my way thru Irving Stone’s, The Agony and the Ecstacy, the one and only book I have ever had recommended by the famous Mr Oliver Buckworth, and I must say he was right……im hooked.

watched Eat Pray love with Julia Roberts on the plane, a recommendation by the dear Mr Luke Yeaman that I will taunt him with forever…it sucked.

food choices were chicken hot pot or lamb casserole, I had neither. que grumbly tummy and a right ear drum that just will not pop.

just realised I picked the worst spot for my ‘nest’ as im right by the automatic doors so every now and then I get a refreshing blast of cold air on my jetlagged eyeballs…..

might try and sleep now and need to save battery as not sure what kind of adaptor I need here for charging etc….a minor point but one that annoys my mind constantly…..

x

ok im back after another painfully slow half an hour of book reading, im back.

after managing to track down a cup of tea, savoury muffin and an apple, I have relocated to a much cosier spot, right by the toilets (not so good) but also under the Christchurch airport Christmas tree. Not only good for the festive spirit, but I have also sneakily plugged said topple into a vacant plug socket and hidden it behind my bag….hehe playin the system! plus relief, we have the same sockets so no worries there!

so I am thinking a bit about what Nelson will be like. I have no idea what to expect, brings back all those nervous feelings of when I arrived in Byron. I arrive at 8am so I guess ill head to the YHA and drop my bags, then maybe go for a walk….then ill prob head back for a shower and much needed sleep. don’t want to put my self under too much pressure on my first day, so I think my main goal is to go for a walk and maybe get a copy of the local news paper for houses, jobs etc…. then I have 2 days to either find a house or scrounge a few extra nights at the back packers…. fingers crossed. x

No comments:

Post a Comment